the korean tale ' Heng boo and Nol boo'
hammok70
2006-09-16 00:51:19 UTC
hi everyone.
I want to talk about some korean tale for learning english. if you
saw the tale, please give me your feedback. please let me know what
you think about the grammar ,spelling and meaning of my writing. now
I start the tale of 'Heng boo and Nol boo'. it's very famous in korea
and everyone knows about that tale in korea.

long time ago, there were a brother in the country. they are Heng boo
and Nol boo. Heng boo is elder brother. one day their father was dead
inheriting all fortune to his first son Nol boo.
Nol boo's character was bad, selfish, stingy and no charity but Heng
boo's character was so good, had charity, warm heart but very poor.
they are all married. Nol boo had 9 children and lived at his
brother's house because he had not a house.
Nol boo think his younger brother Heng boo as lazy man, no thinking
man and he always blame his brother. Nol boo always abuse his brother
Heng boo. in the final, Nol boo exile his brother at his house.
after comeing out of Nol boo's house, Heng boo had very difficult
problems. he can'st feed his wife and children. someday he went to
his elder brother's house for help some food. but Nol boo reject to
help him. Heng boo come back with tear and discourage.
the season changed and spring is coming, many swallow fly the sky.
some swallow made on Heng boo's small and rude cabin. time's going,
the swallow had a birth of two baby swallow, one day, Heng boo saw
one baby swallow on the earth had leg fracture. snack attacked the
baby swallow and ate one baby swallow but the other couldn't eat yet.
Heng boo saved the last one baby swallow and cured it's fracture.

continue at second part.
thank you for reading. bye.

Our Message Board: http://belajarenglish.proboards76.com
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:BelajarEnglish-***@yahoogroups.com

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Bill Kelly
2006-09-16 15:50:16 UTC
Here is a corrected version of your message. Compare it with what you
wrote, and let me know if you have any questions. Notice when I begin a
new paragraph.

Bill Kelly
Connecticut USA

--
Hi everyone,

I want to share with you a Korean tale that will help you learn English.
If you see the tale, please give me your feedback. Please let me know
what you think about the grammar, spelling and meaning of my writing.

Now I start the tale of "Heng Boo and Nol Boo." It's very famous in
Korea and everyone there knows the tale.

[Note the difference between these two sentences:

1. I know about the tale.
2. I know the tale.

[Sentence 1 means that you have heard about the tale. You know it
exists, but you are not familar with any of the details about it.
Senetence 2 means that you are very familiar with the details of the tale.]

A long time ago, there were two brothers, Nol Boo and Heng Boo.
One day their father died, leaving his entire fortune to his first son,
Nol Boo.

Nol Boo was the elder brother. His character was bad. He was selfish,
stingy, and had no charity. Heng Boo was good. He had charity and a warm
heart, but was very poor.

Both brothers were married. Heng Boo had 9 children and lived at his
brother's house because he had no house of his own.

Nol Boo thought his younger brother was lazy and stupid, and he blamed
his brother for everything. He was always abusing him, and one day he
exiled him from the house.

After he left Nol Boo's house, Heng Boo had many difficult
problems. He couldn't feed his wife and children

One day he went to his elder brother's house to ask for food, but Nol
Boo rejected him and refused to help him. Heng boo left discouraged,
with tears in his eyes.

The seasons changed, and spring was coming. Many swallows were flying
through the sky, and one of them landed on Heng boo's small and rude
cabin. After some time, the swallow gave birth to two baby swallows.

One day Heng Boo saw one of the baby swallows on the ground with a
broken leg. Snakes had attacked the baby swallows and eaten one, but had
not yet eaten the other. Heng Boo saved the remaining baby swallow and
cured its wound.

[Note:

it's = it is
its = belonging to it; of it]

Continued in Part 2

Thank you for reading. Bye.

hammok70
2006-09-18 09:50:31 UTC
hi bill
how are you? i were busy lately. so i cann't reply early. please be
patient to me.
thank you for feedback. your story is exactly the korean story 'Heng
boo and Nol boo' . your story is exactly same with original. did you
happen to know the tale? i misunderstood if you know the story. and i
am prouded of my english writing because your feedback said my writing
is good and understadable.
anyway i am very thank you and prepare the second part as possible as i
can.
take care. bye.

Bill Kelly
2006-09-23 16:52:10 UTC
Hi hammok70,

No, I am not familar with the story of Heng Boo and Nol Boo. If you
still recognized the story when you read my corrections, that means that
I was able to understand your original English.

Following is a correction to your recent message.

Bill Kelly
Connecticut USA

--

Hi Bill,
How are you? I have been busy lately, so I waný able to reply earlier.

Thank you for your feedback. Your story is exactly the same as the
original story Korean story 'Heng Boo and Nol Boo.' Do you
happen to know the tale?

I am proud of my English, because you said my writing was good and
understadable.

Anyway, I thank you very much, and I will prepare the second part of the
story as soon as possible.

Take care. Bye.